Welcome to the Center for Bioinformatics
The centre is one of the fastest developing wings of the University and plays a lead role in the region as far as Life Science is concerned. It has being recently given the status of separate department, before which it was the part of Centre for Biotechnology. The centre offers Ph.D. and Masters programme in Bioinformatics apart from other paid training programs (studentship and traineeship) in Bioinformatics. The centre boasts about its state-of-the-art infrastructure and laboratory facilities. Bridging the Biologist-Computational Interface gap will remain ever the focus of the centre.
- Serve the global scientific society with tools and techniques of Bioinformatics.
- To bridge the Biologist-Computational Interface Gap of recent scientific researches.
- To bridge the Academia-Industry Interface Gap of applied biology education.
- Become a part of Mission –Skill India, by disseminating the knowledge of recent applied sciences (Bioinformatics) to next generation.
- Become the bridge of IT sector (Information Technology/India Today) and BT (Biotechnology/Bharat Tomorrow).
- To train and generate human resource in the highly inter-disciplinary, applied and upcoming branch of life sciences – Bioinformatics.
- Become an exploitable skilled manpower in the field of Bioinformatics as a whole and Computer Aided Drug Design, in particular.
- Become an entrepreneur in the most recent and demanding sector of Bioinformatics.
- To generate the future entrepreneurs in the field of Bioinformatics.
- To train manpower in In-Vivo, In-Vitro and In-silico Biological Sciences.
- To train scientific manpower in the field of Bioinformatics, with special focus on Protein-Science; Structural Biology; Computer Aided Drug Design; Systems Biology.
- Bioinformatics Infrastructure Facility (BIF), funded by DBT, Govt. of India.
- ICT based labs and classrooms.
- Fully air conditioned.
- 24 hrs internet with wi-fi facility.
Major Bioinformatics infrastructure available in Department
1. Core 2 Duo desktop (20)
2. High end server (01)
3. Mid end server (01)
4. i7 Workstations (05)
3. V-Life MDS
Major wet Lab infrastructure available in Department
1. BOD Incubator
2. Deep fridge
3. UV-Visible Spectrophotometer
4. Refrigerated centrifuge
5. Research microscopes